The house of the publisher of art publications Jan Štenc in Prague in Salvátorská Street in the Old Town is one of the first modern buildings in Prague. Its author is Otakar Novotný, a disciple of Jan Kotěra. The construction was completed in 1911. Jan Štenc was the publisher, owner of the printing house and managing director of the Association of Fine Artists Mánes. He had the most modern printing house in Austria-Hungary built in Salvátorská Street in Prague, where mainly art publications were created. The best artists and other important personalities of the time gathered in Štenc's house, such as Max Švabinský, Jan Štursa or Jan Kotěra. Architect Otakar Novotný managed to combine the residential and industrial parts in one house. The building were not only the apartments of the publisher and his family, a study, a photo studio, but also a graphics plant and representative spaces. The modernist facade made of gray masonry is inspired by Dutch architecture.
Please follow all current government regulations regarding the distribution of COVID-19 and the following conditions: